Arlo battery-powered cameras are not intended for continuous recording. The batteries in your Arlo Pro camera last for about four to six months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day.
Use these tips to maximize your camera's battery life:
- Only use the rechargeable batteries that were supplied inside you package or replacement batteries from Arlo.
- Ensure that your Arlo system is running the latest firmware.
For more information, visit What do I need to know about Arlo camera firmware updates?
- Use the Optimized or Best Battery Life power setting.
For more information, visit How do I change my Arlo camera's power management settings?
- Configure your cameras to record shorter videos.
- Position your Arlo camera within 300 feet from the base station.
- Do not place your Arlo system near multiple WiFi routers.
These environmental factors can shorten battery life:
- Placing your cameras in temperatures below 32°F (0°C).
For more information, visit What should I do if the batteries in my Arlo camera are reporting low power in cold weather?
- Placing your cameras in low-light environments that require infrared sensors to work harder.