Arlo wire-free cameras allow you to choose power management settings to optimize battery life, video quality, or a balance of both. In addition to these settings, usage also affects battery life.
The following factors can reduce battery life:
- Extremely cold temperatures (below 32°F or 0°C)
- Low lighting
- Frequent motion or audio triggering
- Longer video recordings
- Weak connection to a base station
To change your power management settings:
- Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
- Tap or click the settings icon under the camera for which you want to change the power management settings.
- Tap or click Video Settings > Power Management.
- Select a power setting:
- To extend your battery life, select Best Battery Life. This setting reduces video quality but improves battery life.
- For the best video quality, select Best Video. This setting reduces battery life but provides the best video quality.
- To balance battery life and video quality, select Optimized.
Your settings are saved.